(Published Feb 2009 – Nov 2011)
Guimaras, one of the smallest island province in the Philippines, is best known for its mangoes. Aside from mangoes, the province also has some captivating white sand beaches, caves and nice beach resorts. It is located between the province of Negros Occidental and the island of Panay and can be reached for 20 minutes from one of Iloilo’s ports.
How To Go To Guimaras
1. You need to go to Iloilo.
2. From anywhere in Iloilo, you can take a cab and go to Ortiz Wharf. Usual contract/tariff rate for an Iloilo Airport to Ortiz Wharf ride is P350.00, as of this writing.
3. From Ortiz Wharf, take a small outrigger boat (for 20-minute or less) ride to Jordan Wharf (pronounced Hordan) in Guimaras. Boat fare as of this writing is P14.00 per pax
How To Go Around Guimaras
As soon as you arrive in Jordan Wharf,
1. Go to a Department of Tourism booth
2. Sign in as a tourist in their log book
3. Get a Guimaras tourist map
4. Arrange for a tour vehicle and a guide with the help of a Department of Tourism officer. A minicab would fetch for P1,800.00 for a day’s island tour or you may opt for a tricycle for a much cheaper ride.
Maps & GPS Coordinates / Waypoints
- Guimaras @ Google Maps
- Ortiz Wharf in Iloilo @ GPS (N10 41 21.1 E122 34 19.4)
- Jordan Wharf in Guimaras @ GPS (N10 40 02.6 E122 35 19.4)
More Scenic Photos of Guimaras